Department of Chemistry started in the year 2007 with 7 students and 1 staff member. Now, the department has developed with 150 students with 5 staff members. Many students passed out from this department pursued higher education and holding various positions in private sectors. This department is having well equipped laboratory with capacity of accommodating 60 students. Now We are Running our Department with 6 faculty members.
- Seminar on “A Novel Approach to Physical Chemistry” conducted by our department during the year 2011
- K. Sathyapriya & P.Usharani of III B.Sc. Chemistry participated in the State Level Seminar on “Drug Modelling and Design in research” held at Theivanai Ammal College for Women, Villupuram and won the II Prize.
- K. Sathyapriya and T. Indumathi of III B.Sc. Chemistry won the II prize in a District Level quiz programme conducted in St. Joseph’s College, Cuddalore.
- C. Soundariya I B.Sc., Chemistry have won I Prize in speech competition in International year of chemistry conducted by C. Kandasamy Naidu College for Women, Cuddalore.
- M. Malathi and K. Suganya of III Chemistry have won I prize in Chemistry exhibition conducted by C. Kandasamy Naidu College for Women, Cuddalore.
- C. Soundariya II B.Sc., Chemistry won I Prize in Dist. level Essay competition conducted by “ Tamil Valarchi Thurai” and received a cash award of 10000/-